Monday, April 8, 2019

S1: Sofiya Rangwala’s Journey From Kuwaiti Refugee to India Lover



S1: Sofiya Rangwala’s Journey From Kuwaiti Refugee to India Lover

Namaste everyone, I would like to clear doubts regarding my roots and nationality.

I am a Bhartiya by birth, and when I was about 2 years old, I went to Kuwait along with my parents. Like other Indians living in Kuwait, we were also going about our lives.

We never got citizenship of Kuwait because it's not allowed in Middle East.  During the first gulf war when Iraq invaded Kuwait, we came back to Bharat. At that time, while in Kuwait, we were considered as refugees because we were in a country which had lost its sovereignty.

We had to come back to Bharat, as refugees from Kuwait, but still very much Indian citizens. We were not granted Indian citizenship, because we all ready possessed it, by virtue of our roots and birth in Bharat.. I originally hail from Banswara, Rajasthan. We have our ancestoral home and relatives still in Banswara.

When Kuwait got liberated, we went back to Kuwait but I came back again to Bharat, to study medicine in 1996, and since then I never left Bharat. I understood my real roots only after I came to Bharat, during the war time in Kuwait, and finally connected to my real identity, which is Bharatiya.

So, please request you all not to assume wrongly about me. Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcTdnT1TwDE

No comments:

Post a Comment